Rock Block is an opportunity for high school students to enhance their academic study with Advisory, Enrichment, Intervention & Support. RHS teachers should use professional judgement to determine enrichment activities, intervention services, and academic support – all driven by each student’s needs and their individual goals Student Goals should be created twice a month with teacher assistance and support based on their academic and social/emotional needs. Please encourage your students to use Khan Academy twenty minutes each block. Appropriate use of Rock Block time includes school related work, college/job applications, scholarships, independent reading, Khan Academy (linked to SAT Math & ELA skills), academic enrichment, interventions, etc.
- Set goals twice monthly and email goals to parents/guardians
- Design goals to support academic learning and school success
- Engage in appropriate activities to support your own education
- Seek opportunity for enrichment learning through on-line classes
- Obtain passes to meet with teachers prior to Rock Block for support
- Contact content area teacher to determine next steps and set goals to address failing grades