The physical education program at Northeast School is based on the Connecticut State Department of Education’s Healthy and Balanced Living Curriculum Framework.
As a reslut of their participation in the Physical Education program at Northeast School, students will:
- Demonstrate competency in motor skills and movement patterns needed to perform a variety of physical activities.
- Demonstrate understanding of movement concepts, principles, strategies and tactics as they apply to the learning and performance of physical activities.
- Participate regularly in physical activity.
- Incorporate fitness and wellness concepts to achieve and maintain a health-enhancing level of physical fitness.
- Exhibit responsible personal and social behavior that respects self and others in physical activity settings.
- Choose physical activity for health, enjoyment, challenge, self-expression and/or social interaction to sustain a physically active lifestyle.