Missed days due to weather: October 17, December 3, 11 and 17
The Vernon Board of Education met on 3-23-2020 and approved the following changes to the 2019-2020 School Calendar:
· Due to the extended school closures, the April Break will be reduced to Friday, April 10th through Monday, April 13th. Distance Learning Classes will resume on Tuesday, April 14th through April 17th. If any families have travel/vacation plans, please contact your school administrator and adjustments will be made to your child’s learning plan.
· The previously scheduled Professional Development Day (No School for Students) for Tuesday, April 28th has been postponed to Tuesday, June 2nd. The change is due to the Presidential Primary in CT being postponed to June 2nd, instead of April 28th . As you know, most of our schools are used as polling places to vote.
Just to confirm some previously established dates (by Board Actions and Executive Order):
· No school on Monday, May 25th in observance of Memorial Day
· Rockville High School Graduation is set for Tuesday, June 16, 2020
· Last Day of School in Vernon is Wednesday, June 17, 2020
Calendar & Category Legend:
- VPS Main Calendar