T2 Bar Navigation


Certification Resources

Certification Lookup

Educator certifications can be verified through the CSDE's Online Certification Lookup.

Certification Renewal Process

The State of Connecticut Certification website provides information on certification rules, regulations and requirements.

Renewal of Certification:

  1. The district recommends that three months prior to the expiration of your certification, please begin the re-certification process by submitting an application using the State of Connecticut Certification website automated system.  (Note:  This can be done up to six months prior to the expiration of your certification.)
  2. If you are currently employed, you will be asked to submit an ED 126 Statement of Professional Experience form, which needs to be completed by the school district, verifying your working experience.

    Complete the top portion of the ED 126 form, and send it to:

    Office of the Assistant Superintendent
    Vernon Public Schools
    30 Park Street
    PO Box 600
    Vernon, CT 06066

    When the ED 126 form is complete, the Assistant Superintendent's Office will return it to you for submission to the State of Connecticut.
  3. Upon receipt of your renewed educator certification in the mail, please forward a photocopy to the Assistant Superintendent's Office through interoffice mail.  This copy will be used to update our systems, and will be added to your personnel file.