Health /School Nurse's Office
The goal of the Vernon Public Schools Health Program is to assist each student to attain and maintain his/her optimum state of health so that he/she may benefit to the maximum degree from his/her educational experience.
The school nurse strengthens and facilitates the educational process by modifying or removing health barriers to learning in individual student and by promoting an optimal level of wellness for students and staff.
The nurse assumes the responsibility for appropriate assessment, planning and intervention. She also serves as a direct contact between physicians, families and community agencies in order to assure access to health care and continuity for students. The nurse provides relevant instruction, counseling and guidance to students, staff and parents.
The nurse adheres to district policies and administrative guidelines. The school nurse upholds professional standards as outlined in the State Nurse Practice Act, and other state and local statutes and regulations.
The School Medical Advisor is a certified physician (M.D.). In this role, the physician, through collaboration with the School Nurse Supervisor, School Administrators and the Board of Education, when needed, provides direction and guidance to the continuing development of the school health program. The physician acts as a resource person and technical advisor in health related areas.
- Food Allergy Action Plan
- Food Service Accommodations for Students Form
- Food Service Accommodations for Students Instructions
- Medication Administration
- Physicals and Immunizations Parent Information
- Physical, other than Preschool
- Preschool Health Assessment Record
- Sports Physical
- Bed Bug Guide
- CDC Flu Information
- Concussion Parent Student Education and Consent
- Concussion Fact Sheet
- Dental Program
- Flu, Parent Letter
- Flu, Preventing the Flu
- Food and Allergy Management Plan
- Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease
- Husky Insurance
- Husky Insurance, Spanish
- Immunization Requirements 2019-2020
- Lead Poisoning
- Lice Protocol
- Measles Parent Letter
- Measles CT DPH Press Release
- Medication Administration at School
- Physical Requirement Kindergarten, Grade 7 and Grade 11
- Preschool Flu Shot Letter
- Preschool Lead Screening Requirement
- Reporting Illness/Sick Day Guidelines
- School Entry Health Requirements
- Start Letter
- Snack List, Recommended
- Strep Throat Parent Information Letter
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest Parent Education and Consent
- Tuberculosis Screening Guidelines
Peggy Stickel, R.N., M.S.
Karen Miklas R.N.
Crystal Temple, Health Aide
RHS Health Office
Phone: 860-870-6050 x4035
Amanda Babcock, R.N., B.S.N.
Monica Bardon, Health Aide
VCMS Health Office
Michelle Harlow, R.N., B.S.N.
Laura DeCarli, Health Aide
CRS Health Office
Maria Valentino, R.N., BSN
LSS Health Office
Emily Hays, R.N.
MSS Health Office
Kerry Caldwell, R.N.
NES Health Office
Lindsay Campo, R. N.
Chantel Bartlett, Health Aide
SRS Health Office