School Breakfast Program
Breakfast is available at all schools every morning.
Food & Nutrition Services recognizes the importance of nourishing children in order to optimize learning, and therefore every student is encouraged to eat breakfast every day. Studies show that students that eat breakfast at school:
- perform better on standardized tests,
- have improved concentration, alertness, comprehension, memory, and learning,
- have better attendance,
- have fewer disciplinary office referrals,
- are less likely to be overweight,
- have improved nutrition
- eat more fruits,
- drink more milk, and
- consume a wider variety of food
All VPS schools serve breakfast every day. Please check with your child's school to determine when breakfast starts.