T2 Bar Navigation


Important Update

Free MealsVernon Public Schools will be providing FREE BREAKFAST & LUNCH to all students starting on Monday September 14, 2020 through December 31, 2020 or while funding lasts! Click here to read our letter with detailed information.

We have also made a major change to our curbside meal distribution. Starting the week of September 14, Meal Boxes will be distributed on Wednesdays only. Meal Boxes must be ordered ahead of time no later than the Monday before pick up. One form must be filled out per child. For families with children at multiple schools, you may pick up for all children at one location. Please indicate your selected school for pick up when ordering on the Google Form.

Meal Pick Up Time for students participating in the Hybrid Plan -  Wednesdays 12:00PM - 1:30PM 
Meal Pick Up Time for students participating in the Virtual Learning Plan - Wednesdays 2:00PM - 3:30PM

Order Free Meal Boxes Here!

MSS Students

Students at Maple Street School enjoy their lunch, 2018

Contact Us!

Food & Nutrition Department
30 Park Street, Vernon, CT, 06066

Elizabeth Fisher, MS, RD, Food & Nutrition Services Director
Regina Dickinson, Administrative Support

Nondiscrimination Statement
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

  1. mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
  2. fax: (202) 690-7442;
  3. email: program.intake@usda.gov.

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.