Welcome to Vernon Public Schools!
The Vernon Public Schools, in partnership with family and community, is committed to provide a quality education, with high expectations, in a safe environment where all students become independent learners and productive contributors to society.
The Vernon Family School and Community Partnership Center stands ready to assist you throughout the enrollment process. Vernon Public Schools is committed to ensuring that every child residing within the school district is registered for school, including students who are homeless, have recently immigrated from other countries, and/or speak limited English.
Vernon Public Schools requires all students to be fully registered prior to school entry. A parent or guardian must register students under the age of 18.
The Federal McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act provides special legal protections for children and youth experiencing homelessness, including homeless “unaccompanied youth” who are not in the custody of a parent or guardian. Children experiencing homelessness or displacement have a right to enroll in school even if their families cannot produce enrollment documentation. Assistance is available at the time of registration.
Registration office is located in the
Vernon Family School and Community Partnerships Center
at the Vernon Board of Education
30 Park Street
Vernon, CT 06066
Please call for information and appointments
Telephone: (860) 896-4688
Please be sure to have the following when you come to register:
· Photo ID
· Two Proofs of Residency (see list below)
· Guardianship papers (if applicable)
· Child’s long form birth certificate
· Immunization/medical records with up to date physical (within last 12 months)
· Special education records (if applicable)
· withdrawal form from previous school and transcripts (grades 6-12)
Accepted forms of proof of residency:
(Documents dated within 30 Days are considered current )
· Current utility bill
· Automobile insurance
· Bank or credit card statement
· Current mortgage bill
· Property tax statement
· Escrow papers or signed mortgage
· Deed to home
· Current paycheck stub with address of residence
· Homeowner's or Renter's insurance policy (policy must be current and in effect)
· Current bill for landline phone
· Rental agreement