Student Health and Safety During School
Important information for families:
• The district has established a list of signs and symptoms of COVID-19 and temperature thresholds that require students and staff to stay home.
• Before you come to school, check your temperature and assess your symptoms. If you have a fever of 100.4 or higher, or a cough, shortness of breath, or loss of taste or smell, or if you have been in direct contact with someone who has COVID-19, you should stay home, contact the school nurse and your medical provider.
• When waiting for the bus, practice social distancing and wear your face covering.
• If you ride in a car to school, your parent or guardian will have to drop you off in the designated area at your school. Parents will not be able to walk you to your classroom or to the cafeteria.
• If you ride your bike or walk to school, enter the school at the designated entry point with your face covering on.
• Bring a water bottle to school as water fountains will be closed for regular use. Water fountains may only be used to refill water bottles throughout the day.
• When you are moving about the classroom, wear your face covering and practice social distancing.
• Wash your hands frequently or use hand sanitizer throughout the day.
• In the cafeteria, you should wear your face covering when waiting in line for food and practice safe social distancing.
During School Hours
Student presents symptoms:
• Call to nurse’s office Student will be screened for the following symptoms:
• Fever or chills, T 100.4 F. However, evaluate the clinical picture. Cough
• Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
• Muscle or body aches
• New loss of taste or smell
• Sore throat
• Congestion or runny nose
• Nausea or vomiting
• Known close contact with someone who is COVID-19 Positive
The school will then take the following actions:
• Nurse will determine if the student should wait in the isolation room
• Student will be monitored in the isolation room
• Parent/Guardian will be notified to pick student up
• If the student complains of shortness of breath or condition worsens- EMS will be activated
• Notify Nurse Supervisor who will notify Superintendent
• Fax NCDHD Suspected COVID19 Form
• Notify CT DPH